Drivers are responsible for the safe transport and delivery of freight in a professional manner by driving diesel-powered tractor/trailer combinations short and long distances. They deliver product on time, while complying with Department of Transportation rules and regulations. The following are the requirements for driving for Tyson Foods:
- Must have a valid Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License in the state of residence
- Age 23 or older
- Must have one (1) year or more of verifiable OTR Tractor Trailer driving experience within the last 18 months
- Must be able to pass a D.O.T. Physical Examination and Drug Screening as outlined in the D.O.T Regulations
- Must be able to pass a road test
- Must live in defined hiring area
- Must be willing to park at designated parking area
- Must be at (12) twelve points or less on the Tyson Driver Evaluations System as pertains to accidents, incidents and moving violations
- Must not have a DUI or DWI conviction in a commercial motor vehicle
- Must not have a DUI or DWI conviction in a personal vehicle in the last (8) eight years
- Must not have tested positive D.O.T. Drug or Alcohol test in the past (3) three years
- Must not have more than 6 driving jobs in the last 3 years
Discount Product Purchase
|In some areas, Tyson Team Members have access to company stores where they can purchase, at discounted prices, the many and varied products the company produces. Additionally, Team Members are able to take advantage of discount programs and services through an internal, web-based benefits program. This "one-stop destination" offers Team Members savings on new cars, insurance, exciting travel, home mortgages, computers, and much more.
Some of the partners of this discount program are companies such as MetLife Home and Auto; Bancorp 529 College Savings Plans; Walt Disney World amusement park; Palm (handhelds); Ford, Lincoln, and Land Rover automobiles; HP and Dell (computers and peripherals); and Panasonic (TVs, DVD players, digital cameras, telephones, etc.) - just to name a few.
All this and more is here for you when you become a Tyson Foods Team Member.