Team drivers are important to Tyson Foods because they help transfer our product and take care of our customers’ needs. Team drivers can take advantage of Tyson Food’s large network, consistent freight patterns, and a great pay and benefits package. Our team drivers average approximately 5,500 miles per week.
Team Pay Package (Pay package effective January 1, 2012):
- 0–1 year of verifiable experience start at $.37 per mile split
- 1–3 years of verifiable experience start at $.42 per mile split
- 3 years or more verifiable experience start at $.43 per mile split, and after one year at Tyson go to top pay of. $.44 per mile split
- Top pay currently at $.44 per mile split
Incentive Pay Package:
- All single trips less than 500 miles will be paid an additional $.03 per mile
- All single trips less than 250 miles will be paid an additional $.06 per mile
- One day off for every 7 days out on the road, to a maximum of 3 days off
- Eight paid holidays at $115.00 per day
- Layover Pay: $85.00 after the first 24 hours and not repositioned over 200 miles
- Unloading Pay: Tyson pays for loading and unloading. Driver may have to locate lumper and get fees approved by dispatch
- Drop and Pickup Pay: Multi drop loads/pickups are $18.00 on all pickups or drops.
- No pay for single drop or pickup
- 1 week after 1 year
- 2 weeks after 3 years
- 3 weeks after 10 years
- 4 weeks after 20 years
- $.01 per mile on all paid miles in driver's safety year
All of the above is subject to change.